Youth Crossroads supports youth and their families, guiding them through life’s challenges, and inspiring them to discover new opportunities for personal development, healthy relationships, and positive community involvement. We provide a comprehensive system of support through counseling services, youth development, workforce development, violence prevention and community outreach. All of our services are offered for free in English and Spanish.
- Workforce Development
- Violence Prevention
- Mental Health
Board Member duties & responsibilities:
YC Board of Directors serve in a voluntary, leadership capacity to ensure that the goals and objectives of the agency are implemented in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Directors evaluate and monitor programs; develop programs and activities that promote the purpose of YC; hire and fire the Executive Director; establish personnel policies; approve an annual budget; monitor finances; ensure that adequate resources are available to carry out the mission; and, authorize legal documents.
To effectively accomplish these responsibilities, YC directors are expected to:
- Be passionate about positively impacting the lives of youth.
- Attend regular monthly board meetings every 4th Thursday of the month at 6:00pm for approximately one hour. There is not a July or December meeting.
- Prepare in advance for decision-making and policy formation at board meetings; take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board and participate in selected agency sponsored trainings.
- Currently the YC board does not operate under a traditional committee structure where specific assignments related to financial, personnel, fund development, services and other issues are delegated. Generally speaking, all directors have input and decision-making responsibilities across all YC board functions. Any director has the ability to introduce new issues or initiatives to the board, build consensus, and move for majority adoption of that initiative. The board does form an annual gala planning committee.
- Commit time to developing financial resources for YC. This includes fulfilling an annual $1,000 give/get requirement as well as supporting other fund development activities in a manner appropriate for board directors.
- In general, utilize personal and professional skills, relationships, and knowledge for the advancement of YC.
Board term & limits:
Each board term is 2 years. Currently there is no limit on how many terms a board member may serve.
$1,000 give or get
- Advocacy / Public Policy
- Human Resources
- Marketing / Communications
- Real Estate