Epic Academy is a single site charter school on Chicago’s southeast side. We offer unique programming to high school student that include four years of college and career skills courses, a year long career and entrepreneurship course that connected students with industry professionals and so much more. What is more exciting is that we are building a new state of the art $21 million dollar building.
Board Member duties & responsibilities:
Those who seek to be Trustees of EPIC must personally affirm EPIC’s Statement of Purpose, must abide in all respects with the corporate policies set forth in EPIC’s bylaws, and must characterize personal commitment to the values of the EPIC. Board Trustees shall help make planning and policy decisions, assure adequate funding, monitor and sanction activities, and employ the school leader. Specifically, Board Members (Trustees) pledge their individual and collective commitment to EPIC in the manners detailed below.
- Know EPIC Academy’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs. Provide leadership to board committees. Each board member is expected to serve as an active, ongoing member of at least one committee.
- Take responsibility for self-education on the major issues in the education field as well as issues the board must face in decision-making and policy setting.
- Oversee the school’s accountability plan: set goals and measurable targets and monitor the school performance vis à vis board-developed targets and targets set forth in the authorizer contract. In general, utilize personal and professional skills, network and knowledge for school advancement.
- Employ and monitor the Executive Director; set goals and expectations for the Executive Director and oversee him/her in carrying out the school’s mission.
- Ensure that budget, policies and academic program are consistent with the school’s contract and the needs of the students and the surrounding community.
- Faithfully read and understand EPIC’s financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility
- Play an active role with responsibility for building the community and board.
Board term & limits:
3 year term, no limits
- Board Governance
- Marketing / Communications