CHIRP is a volunteer-driven, listener-supported community radio station based in Chicago’s North Center neighborhood. The station is always live and local, focused on independent music, arts and culture. CHIRP has one professional staff member and more than 230 volunteers.
- Arts, Culture, and Humanities
Board Member duties & responsibilities:
Members of CHIRP’s Board of Directors serve a crucial role in ensuring the stability and future success of the organization through fundraising, donor cultivation, outreach, and oversight.
Board Members share their time and talent through a variety of ways including:
- Serving as an ambassador for the organization through personal and professional networks and community engagements
- Attending board meetings every other month
- Serving on at least one committee of the board and participating in special projects and planning
- Committing to a personal give/get of $1000/year
- Making a personally meaningful annual donation to the organization
- Submitting CHIRP to employer matching gift program, if available
- Participating in CHIRP social fundraising campaigns twice per year
- Assisting in donor identification, cultivation, and solicitation including prospecting for major gifts
- Identifying prospects for sponsorships and partnerships
- Attending CHIRP fundraisers and events and securing event attendees
Board term & limits:
Board members serve a renewable one-year term. Right now there are no term limits.
The CHIRP Board give/get commitment is $1000.
- Board Governance
- Human Resources
- Marketing / Communications
- Strategic Planning