The Arthritis Foundation is boldly pursuing a cure for America’s #1 cause of disability. We’re championing the fight to conquer arthritis with life-changing science, resources, advocacy and community connections. Online and in person, the Live Yes! Arthritis Community empowers people to connect with others and live their best life.
Board Member duties & responsibilities:
Leadership Board Member
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours/month
Arthritis Foundation Mission
The Arthritis Foundation is boldly pursuing a cure for America’s #1 cause of disability. We’re championing the fight to conquer arthritis with life-changing science, resources, advocacy, and community connections.
Leadership Board Overview
All Local Leadership Board members will consider the Arthritis Foundation a philanthropic priority. This will be accomplished by fulfilling board member expectations as follows:
- Know the mission, vision, strategic plan, and goals of the Arthritis Foundation.
- Prepare for and regularly attend quarterly board meetings.
- Willingness to utilize personal and professional networks to achieve a combined personal financial contribution / fundraising goal to be agreed upon with Arthritis Foundation leadership. Successful partnerships will result in new constituents, volunteers, or financial contributions.
- Assist in promoting key Arthritis Foundation news and announcements, including fundraising campaigns and organizational achievements, to your network. -Actively participate as a Chair or Member of event/program committees.
- Ensure the Arthritis Foundation fulfills its commitment to diverse volunteer leadership that reflects the communities served. This position is with a nonprofit organization. As such, board service is voluntary and not compensated.
Board term & limits:
Board term: 3 years, renewable for 3 terms
Financial/fundraising commitments are set individually with board members